As 2016 comes to an end so many people are saying to me “you’ll be glad to see the back of this year”…but…in reality….it’s not been too bad a year.
Yes I got diagnosed with stage IV ovarian cancer in January 2016 and had chemo and MASSIVE surgery but that doesn’t make it a bad year.
I mean, if it wasn’t for my cancer diagnosis I would have missed so much awesome stuff!…
• I met so many amazing people
• I made new ‘cancer’ friends
• I learned how to love a little deeper
• I went on a cruise
• I did a shark dive
• I saw my first opera
• I met Nina Conti
• I got a gift from Bryan Adams
• I saw LOADS of comedy shows
• I fell more in love with my hubby
• I learned to love myself
• I stopped caring about body image
• I learned how to share my feelings
• I met INCREDIBLE medical staff
• I gained new respect for the NHS
• I won an award
• I spent more time with my family
• I learned how to relax and let go
• I learned that nothing is worth stress
• I reevaluated my priorities
• I strengthen my old friendships
• I made new friendships
• I learned kindness is the answer
• I started writing
• I realised that people are incredible
• I faced death and embraced life
• I started to really live for the moment
And so much more!!!…
You see, our life, our problems, our concerns…they all require perspective.
Gratitude, love and kindness are always an option to every situation.
You can be in the worst situation imaginable; you can be facing Death straight in the eye; but you still have a choice. You can still choose to have a good life, a happy life, a joyful life.
“You either get bitter or you get better”.
I chose to get better and it’s been AWESOME!
Thank you 2016 for the incredible lessons! I’m ready for 2017!…I hope it’s ready for me!
Happy New Year!
Love and light, Fi xxx